Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blogging and Plunging into Social Media

I’ve finally decided to join the world of blogging.  I don’t know about you, but in this day and age, I find there is so much going on, that it’s hard to keep up with all the changes.  I can see why so many people specialize now.
The buzz word these days is social media, and I must admit that it’s interesting, and I have been tinkering with it.  Initially, I just tried it personally to see what all the hype was about.  Then I ventured futher by using it to promote a group I belong to (Carroll Technology Council).  Like many business owners, I see the value in it, but I haven’t yet seen clearly how to measure its value.
As a Web designer, I often find that I provide some marketing services to clients through the keywords that are hidden through their sites.  And then I often end up dispensing some advice on how to market the Web site in terms of search engine optimization.  Now that the social media world is here to stay, it really matters that business owners try to educate themselves about social media and what it can or cannot do for a business.
My first few blogs will be about social media marketing.  Granted, I am new to this, but I’ve been experimenting, watching, and studying what others do.  I’m still reading what the experts have to say, but I keep in mind that those experts are only experts because they plunged into it earlier than the rest of us.  It’s a new media, and we all are still trying to figure it out.
If you have a question along the way, feel free to submit it.  The answer to it may end up being the topic of a future blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment